Sunday 21 June 2020

The Knight-Guardian - The Don Quixote of superheroes



I've loved superheroes since the age of four, when I first saw the Max Fleischer's animated Superman films from the 40's. When I was nine, I had my first spark to want to become a film maker. Tim Burton's Batman from 1989 made a huge impact on me. Recently I had the privilege of doing something very few can do: I watched a superhero film, that I made myself.

For years, I had forgotten it, even neglected it. But that was a huge mistake. This film is my child and I love it with all its strengths and flaws. It's a landmark of a dream fulfilled. The dream I had since I was nine.

It took four years and an effort of team, much more talented than I could ever dream to be. A team of volunteers that worked insane hours, just to get this insane dream to the Light of Day.

I was planning to share everything about the process of making this film, but I doubt it would really add anything to the enjoyability of the movie. Making movies is hard work. That's why every film is a triumph to its makers.

This Finnish superhero version of Don Quixote simply reflected my life back then, only ten years earlier. Now that I'm writing a completely new take on these characters, that reflects my life now, it feels so good to return back in time to this innocent and silly world of heroes.

I'm so proud to re-release it and I hope you enjoy watching it. Here it is, just like the first time in 2012. The Knight-Guardian! 

P.S: The film is naturally in Finnish language, so make sure you turn on the subtitles in the bottom of the video. Enjoy!


              



No comments:

Post a Comment